Here at Partee Insurance, we want to make sure your family is safe and protected.
In honor of Baby Safety Month, we have compiled a list of things to look for in your home to ensure your child is safe.
- Clutter: Look for loose change, paper clips, staples, anything that could be considered a choking hazard. Place these items in a cabinet or draw that is high enough and out of reach of your child.
- Dishwasher: Be sure to listen for the “click” when you are closing your dishwasher door. This kitchen appliance is full of food, sharp utensils, dish detergent, and other various particles.
- Unanchored TV: Make sure your television is mounted correctly either to the wall or on your TV stand. There are childproof products sold online to help you secure your television properly to the wall. Check out this link: Childproof TV Strap
- Pet Food: Babies and young children are curious by nature and since pet food is at their level, this is something they may try “explore”. Try to keep your pet’s food in a room that is gated or simply remove the food when the child is around.
- Chargers: We all have electronic devices around our home that require a cord for charging purposes. Be sure to unplug chargers when they are not in use. These can be a choking, strangulation, and possible electrocution hazard for your child.
We want to help. Call us today to review your family’s policy.